You’re already familiar with Firebase ANE collection, and may be using them right now inside your AIR apps.
On July of 2016 which we started the Firebase Adobe AIR Native Extensions Collection project, not so many AIR devs knew about one of the coolest Google’s projects! That’s right, I’m talking about the Firebase project. Well, it’s not a surprise at all, because at that time Firebase was not very popular and was not fully supported by Google, and that’s why we decided to bring it into Adobe AIR as well. We had a talk with Google to keep it updated and dedicate our full time into it, and finally be able to bring the whole project into Adobe AIR in the most efficient and easy-to-use way.
Since then, we’ve injected the rest of the Firebase features into Adobe AIR and kept the project up-to-date with every major release of native SDKs. Today we’re so proud to announce that the Firebase ANEs Collection is the only complete and easy-to-use solution for AIR devs who like to enjoy the awesomeness of Firebase inside their apps! It all happened by the continuous help and support of Adobe AIR community. We really appreciate that, without you guys, we couldn’t bring the project this far.
Complete Firebase Collection
Firebase ANE Collection brings all of the features that AIR devs like to have for their apps into the table:
- Analytics Reimagine analytics for mobile
- Cloud Messaging (FCM) Deliver and receive messages across platforms reliably
- Authentication Reduce friction with robust authentication
- Realtime Database Store and sync app data in realtime
- Storage Store files with ease
- Remote Config Customize your app on the fly
- Crash Reporting Keep your app stable
- Dynamic Links Send users to the right place inside your app
- Invites Empower your users to share your app
Unbelievably Easy-to-use implementation
As you know ANE is a wrapper to bring the native Firebase features accessible in your Adobe AIR application, though the Firebase ANE itself needs its custom data from you (you’ll get the JSON and Plist files right from your own Firebase console). So basically you need to compile the final ANE yourself by installing Apache, ANT Script, and etc… to do a simple task, using the Firebase in your app! It’s tedious and a time consuming job that makes devs feel exhausted or overwhelmed with errors on their way…
That’s why we’ve automated all of these process by our custom desktop (WIN/MAC) software. You just provide your Firebase JSON file and that’s it! It generates the ANE for you in seconds. Easy and simple to understand while putting the barriers away. Cheers!
And that’s not all
By using MyFlashLabs Firebase ANEs Collection, you have it all and even more:
- Easy Debugging by the ANE debugging feature of our ANEs
- Fast development workflow by the ANE Inspecting Tool
- Explore, edit, or modify resources in any ANEs by the ANE Resource Manager Tool
- 100% Identical AS3 API
- No License Check Policy
- Free Upgrades & Lifetime Support